- Kristine Johnson – 15-cr-158 (WDNC) – The majority of docket entries are sealed by the Court. In June 2015, Johnson entered into a Plea Agreement (also sealed), sentencing was set for November 19. Forfeiture of moneys (over $7,301,255 ) and property ordered on November 10th.
- Troy Barnes – 15-cr-254 (WDNC) – Case filed October 22nd, 4 Felony Counts; Trial was originally set for 30 days following arraignment; Motion to Continue was granted, Trial set for January 19, 2016.
- SEC v Johnson, et al – 15-cv-299 (Colorado) – Trial set for December 5, 2016, at 8:30 a.m. United States Courthouse Annex, 901 19th Street, Denver, Colorado 80294
DFRF Enterprises, Inc.
- SEC v DFRF Enterprises, Inc – 15-cv-12857 (Massachusetts) – On October 10, 2015, the SEC filed a ‘Motion to Intervene and Stay Discovery’ pending the resolution of a parallel criminal investigation. The case was Ordered as Stayed on October 23, 2015.
- USA v Filho – 15-cr-10214 (Massachusetts) – Case was filed August 5, 2015. Initial appearance was on September 3, 2015. Filho was remanded into custody. At the initial status conference on October 8, 2015, the defendant, represented by counsel, elected to voluntarily consent to detention without prejudice. (the defendant was committed to the custody of the Attorney General for confinement in a corrections facility separate, to the extent practicable, from persons awaiting or serving sentences or being held in custody pending appeal)
eADGear / GoFunPlaces
- USA v Wang, et al – 14-cr-488 (NDCal) – Both Wang and Yuen pleaded Guilty, judgement was ordered on October 27th; both men were sentenced to 46 months, and 3 years of supervised release.
Profitable Sunrise / Inter Reef, Ltd
- SEC v Inter Reef, Ltd. – 13-cv-1104 (Northern Georgia) – This case has been static since July 2015. The last Order issued was for the repatriation of funds from a European Bank
- USA v. Wanzeler et al – 14-cr-40028 (Massachusetts) – Due to the complexities of this case, things are progressing slowly. So far, 6 status conferences have been held, with another one prior to the scheduled trial date set for April 4, 2016. Carlos Wanzeler is still outside of the USA.
- SEC v TelexFree, Inc., et al – 14-cv-11858 (Mass.) On October 8th, an Order was issued Granting the USDOJ’s Motion to Intervene and Stay Discovery pending the resolution of a parallel criminal proceeding. Fourth Status report was issued on October 15th.
- SEC v. Steve Chen et al – 15-cv-7425 – (Central Cal) Preliminary Injunctions, Asset Freezes, Receiver Appointed, Restraining Orders and Required Accounting are issued on October 8th.
Vemma Nutrition Company
- FTC v. Vemma Nutrition Company et al – 15-cv-1578 (Arizona) On October 28th, an Order was issued Denying defendant’s Motion to Approve Revised Compensation Plan. The FTC is also opposing Vemma from using “Affirmative Defenses”.
- SEC v Rex ventures, et al – 12-cv-519 (WDNC) – Currently, the receiver, Kenneth Bell is still marshaling funds he has collected from a portion of “net winners”. The claw backs continue. Checks have been issued twice to approved claimants.
- USA v Olivares, et al – 13-cr-335 *closed* – (WDNC) Dawn Wright-Olivares and Daniel Olivares pleaded guilty. Final judgements entered on February 28, 2014.
- USA v Burks, et al – 14-cr-208 (WDNC) – After 3 Motions to Continue, a Court for a peremptory trial setting was requested for November 2015. A fourth Continuance was granted, trial is now set for the May 2016 term.
- Bell v Burks, et al – 14-cv-89 (WDNC) Default judgement entered against Defendant Darryle Douglas for $2,271,239.20
- Bell v Disner, et al – 14-cv-0091 (WDNC) –
- Default judgment entered for Defendants Trudy Gilmond and Trudy Gilmond LLC in the amount of $2,129,522.27.
- Default Judgment entered against Defendant Sorrells in the amount of $1,197,241.12.
- Order approving Class Counsel for Net Winners, Kevin Edmunson .
- Bell v Nehra, et al – 15-cv-437 (WDNC) – Malpractice lawsuit, Nehra was Zeek’s “Compliance Officer”, also a “prominent MLM attorney”.
USA v Sanderley Rodrigues de Vasconcelos (TelexFree and iFreeX)
- 15-cr-10227 – (Mass.) – Rodrigues is charged for Visa Fraud, falsifying documents in order to enter the USA. His first lawyer quit for non-payment. Rodrigues has a second attorney now, but for how long?